Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
How to Use This Wiki
**Warm Up 1 Materials**
How Has Information Changed?
21st Century Literacy
The Read/Write Web
**Web 2.0 TEAM Toolbox**
Gadgets & Widgets
Mindmapping and Mashups
Copyright Friendly Sources
Apps Gadgets Widgets
Great resource for new web 2.0 tools!
Jane's E-Learning Pick of the Day
Top 10 Tools for Learning
: Directory of web widgets
Top 25 Web 2.0 Apps to Improve a Student's or Professor's Productivity
Shambles Web 2.0
Free Apps for Macs
Free Software for Windows
A Little More Challenging
Easily create online polls.
- Create a hit counter for your site.
- Create cool logos for your wiki, blog, or website
A Simple, Fast Flash Online Stopwatch and Online Countdown timer always available when you need it.
- add comments to any web page right now.
- create animations
- Combine all your profiles on the web into one attractive widget that you can put on your blog.
Avatars - create your online persona
- embed a visitor map into your website, blog or wiki. Maps give Web site owners and visitors an easy and unique way to visualize and interact with each other. Visitors can add their name, photo and message directly on a Web page embedded with Frappr.
- embed a world map into your website, blog or wiki, showing where your site's visitors are located.
Interesting comparison of video tools:
Job for Saturday! Road test of online video creators!
A Little More Challenging
-Upload your powerpoints to share with others.
Playing with RockYou! This is from the Power to Learn Awards at MSG, NY Liberty Game.
- "Welcome to the end of slideshows." -
You can make Wonderfully Creative Newsletters in minutes.
is free Web-based alternative to PowerPoint, built with Flash. Create and edit high-quality Flash presentations online. You can send presentations via e-mail or publish on your web site or blog.
- Mixbook allows you to create books with your friends and family about the things that are important in your life. Mixbooks can be shared online or as coffee-table quality printed books.
- CamStudio is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs)
Create a Graph
- allows you to create different types of graphs online and save or print them.
- "What is this thing called Jing?
The concept of Jing is the always-ready program that instantly captures and shares images and video…from your computer to anywhere.
It’s something we want to give you, along with some online media hosting, to see how you use it. The project will eventually turn into something else."
-Create a timeline with info, images and even slideshows or videos embedded in it.
- Snap Shots enhance links with visual previews of the destination site, including summaries of Wikipedia and IMDb, YouTube videos, stock charts and more.
Scratch is a new programming language that makes it easy to create your own interactive stories, animations, games, music, and art -- and share your creations on the web.
Scratch is designed to help young people (ages 8 and up) develop 21st century learning skills. As they create Scratch projects, young people learn important mathematical and computational ideas, while also gaining a deeper understanding of the process of design.
- great tool - for Macs.
Simple and easy online multi user whiteboard, start skrbl, give out your URL & start working together. Sketch, text, share files, upload pictures all in one common shared space. There are no new tools to learn, nothing to download, nothing to install. Brainstorm on our simple whiteboard to start thinking together, everyone sees the same screen, everybody gets on the same page.
Zoho offers several presentation and collaboration tools - a lot to look at and think about.
-allows teams of learners, or colleagues, or scholars, or PTA members to share tasks, ideas, and files via virtual bulletin boards called
. Users create customized stickynotes, update Word, PDF files; photos, and bookmarks and share bulletin board space viewable only by invited group members. User-friendly, drag-and-drop, customizable widgets make it easy for any newbie to create a content-rich Stixyboard in no time flat!
Ustream is a platform that provides live interactive video for everyone. Anyone with a camera and an Internet connection can use Ustream to broadcast to a global audience.
Ideas and Articles
Yahoo Widgets vs. Google Gadgets
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"